Monday, June 28, 2010

True Blood Season 3 so far

My thoughts on True Blood season 3 so far:

As I've said many times before, I'd be much happier if it was The Eric and Pam Show or The Eric, Pam and Lafayette Show featuring Jessica. Eric is interesting and Pam and Lafayette are fabulous in the best sense of the word.

The kindest thing I have to say about Sookie and Bill is that they are reasonably attractive. Anna Paquin's and Steven Moyer's acting in TB has not been stellar. (I'd be ecstatic if they'd give up on the accents. I'd rather them have generic American accents than their atrocious Southern-esque accents.) I think I'm most disappointed in Anna's performance. I mean, we're talking about a girl who has talent - she won an Oscar as a nine-year-old for Heaven's sake - and held her own in a movie with Holly Hunter and Harvey Keitel.

I know True Blood is supposed to be over the top, but I'd be much (MUCH!) happier if there were no repeats of that final sex scene with Bill and Lorena. There aren't enough negative adjectives for me to use to describe it. It's almost like the show is becoming a caricature of itself, and more so with every episode.

In addition to the eight-million story lines already happening (many of which I haven't even mentioned), Sam's family... completely unnecessary, and the acting and script are so broad that you can spot what's coming from a mile off.

On the bright side, Alcide. YUM. They appear to have cast him perfectly... Also, I'm interested to see how the always fantastic Alfre Woodard fits in as Lafayette's mother.

My friend Candace has some interesting thoughts about True Blood here.

Finally, if you haven't already seen it, be sure to check out Snoop Dogg's "Oh, Sookie" video.

1 comment:

  1. "I know True Blood is supposed to be over the top, but I'd be much (MUCH!) happier if there were no repeats of that final sex scene with Bill and Lorena. There aren't enough negative adjectives for me to use to describe it. It's almost like the show is becoming a caricature of itself, and more so with every episode."

    I am right there with you. I just feel like they're doing too much, and at least a chunk of it I DO NOT LIKE. I'm hoping they pull it together within the next couple of episodes. I'd hate to stop watching just as Alcide turned out to be so very handsome.

    ReplyDelete