Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Get real, I say

I see people on the news complaining about the oil leak relief workers getting paid $20/hr to work 15 min and then have 15 minutes off. To them, I say, get real! We're talking about wearing head to toe plastic suits in in 95 degree weather with 95% humidity. I don't think anyone could work an hour straight under such conditions. And, even if they did, they'd probably wind up in the hospital.

Tonight, President Obama announced a moratorium on deep sea drilling in the gulf for a while. I have really mixed feelings about this: I completely believe that there needs to be some way to better regulate the rigs so that this doesn't happen again. On the other hand, it's going to destroy what's left of the Louisiana oil industry and a huge chunk of our economy. Is there a reasonable solution to both sides of this dilemma? I'm open to suggestions...

No comments:

Post a Comment