Sunday, July 11, 2010

An honest, unflinching look at a tough choice

I know almost no one watches Friday Night Lights. It's unfortunate - this past Friday's episode, I Can't, was probably the most honest portrayal I've ever seen on television of a young girl with some tough choices to make.

It was honest and unflinching, and didn't take the easy way out.

I've been debating with myself about what to say and then I found this blog by James Poniewozick of Time Magazine and this blog by Alan Sepinwall of Hitfix.com. Both manage to critique the episode with out delving into the right or wrong, or the politics, of such a decision.

All I can say is that I hope I would be one tenth as caring and empathetic as Tami Taylor was when faced with some hard questions from someone she didn't even know.

I Can't is available here on Hulu.

No comments:

Post a Comment