Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Great American Road Trip

This blog is inspired by the fact that my friend April is on vacation in Washington, D.C., right now and I'm jealous...

One of these days, I'd like to take a real vacation and go on what I call The Great American Road Trip. I have friends and family that I'd love to see all over the country and think it would be fun to just get in the car and drive, stopping to see points of interest between destinations.

Towards the top of my places to see are the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone National Park, The Golden Gate Bridge, The Art Institute of Chicago, Gettysburg, Ellis Island, and at least 100 other areas of historic and/or cultural significance. I've also wanted to visit Savannah, Ga., in the worst way ever since Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil came out.

I think I'd also like to make a list of excellent local places to stop and eat, sort of my very own Diners, Drive-ins and Dives special edition.

Do you dream of a road trip or vacationing in a specific spot?

No comments:

Post a Comment