Monday, August 23, 2010

True Blood S.3 Ep.10

I gotta disagree with my friend Candace's comments about this episode... I spent more time wanting to be somewhere else than I did enjoying the show.

They spent WAY too much time on the Sam and the Lafayette/Jesus stuff. Normally I like Lafayette, I think he's fabulous, I'm just not liking the direction they're taking this particular plot line. I mean, he's already spent a lot of time nursing one v-addict through their addiction; does he really have to do that again? And the African sorcerer bit? So predictable...

Did we really need to know how Sam got the money for the bar? Maybe, but it didn't really feel like it fit with the rest of this particular episode.

Like I said last week, I get the feeling that Alan Ball is determined to keep Bill & Sookie together no matter what, so therefore Eric & Sookie must always have issues.

Russell using a male hooker to replace Talbot? Kind of pathetic really and after last week's spectacular ending I was kind of expecting something more dramatic from him.

Lastly, this episode and last week's were sorely missing Alcide.

On the plus side, I also *heart* Terry Bellefleur - Arlene really doesn't deserve him. I enjoyed watching Bill get uninvited and liked being reminded that Jason is a good guy who is trying to do the right thing, even if he is a moron. It just wasn't enough to redeem the episode for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment