Monday, May 3, 2010

Friday Night Lights

Don't tell me that you don't care about football - Friday Night Lights is about so much more than that. Whether they are exploring class/race issues, faith, religion and family values (or lack there of), or portraying quite possibly the most realistic marriage I've ever seen on t.v., it is an unflinching and honest look at small town America.

I guarantee that you will feel like you know and/or relate to at least one of these characters, whether it is the hard working Coach Taylor, the dedicated Tami "Mrs. Coach" Taylor, earnest Matt Saracen, injured Jason Street, tragic Tim Riggins, wheeling and dealing Buddy Garrity, super intelligent and funny Landry Clark, sweet (and slightly spoiled) Julie Taylor or straight-razor toting Tyra Colette.

When I recommended this show to my brother, he told me he wasn't interested because he'd already seen Varsity Blues. This show is so much more than that. Give it a try - you won't regret it. If you're interested, Netflix is streaming seasons 1-3 right now. Click here to get started.

It is with clear eyes and a full heart that I beg you to give this gem of a show a try. By some miracle, it has survived three seasons of poor ratings on NBC. The fourth season premieres on NBC Friday, May 7, at 8e/7c.

No comments:

Post a Comment