Sunday, May 9, 2010

Betty White on SNL

As you probably know, Betty White was the host of Saturday Night Live on May 8.

While I didn't find any of the sketches mind-blowingly funny, it was a vast improvement over many of the efforts made this season. I got at least a chuckle at most of the sketches and laughed out loud at many of them.

Betty's opening monologue was quite funny and I especially enjoyed her pokes at Facebook users - especially since the Facebook campaign was instrumental in getting her to host. To my surprise, one of the other sketches featuring her that I quite enjoyed was the Scared Straight bit. I thought it was hilarious - and usually I just find that sketch monotonous. I'll never be able to watch Willy Wonka or The Wizard of Oz with a straight face again. The census bit was a hoot as well.

All of that said, the funniest bit of the night (to me anyway) was the Really?!? bit on Weekend Update. It was kind of sad though - it just shows how much SNL is missing the presence of Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.

All of the sketches are available on Hulu.

No comments:

Post a Comment