Friday, October 15, 2010

Random bits of interest 10.15.2010

I don't have any one thing that rates a whole blog entry, so I've decided to have one blog post with a bunch of different links that I found of interest recently.

1. Michael J. Fox wasn't the original Marty McFly in Back to the Future. WHAT?!?!? It was actually Eric Stoltz. The production had been shooting for five weeks when it was decided that he just wasn't right for the part. Click here to read more.

2. Possibly the worst idea ever: Top Gun 2 complete with Tom Cruise as Maverick. Need I say more? Click here for more info.

3. Lee Pace, the Pie Maker from Pushing Daisies and a complete cutie, is going to be in Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn. I could wish that he was headlining a project of his own, but I'm just happy to see him. :) click here.

4. Glee is featuring a Rocky Horror tribute. I was more than a little concerned when I first heard this but the video clip looks like a lot of fun.



5. A funeral director friend of mine posted a picture of this tombstone. Take a second and look at it. I think it is quite possibly the most awesome thing I've ever seen.

6. A man in Clinton, La., north of Baton Rouge, was recently in court and ordered to pull up his pants which were allowing his underwear to show. As he was leaving the courtroom, he pulled his pants back down, the bailiff saw, and the judge booked him on contempt of court. I love it - the sagging jeans look is not flattering and the origin is disturbing. I'm ready for it to go away... The article that appeared in Baton Rouge's newspaper, The Advocate, is here.

7. Hannah Montana really is no more. I guess it's unrealistic of me, but I have these thoughts about Miley Cyrus' new video: 1) If I were the parent of a young Miley fan, I'd be horrified to see my children watching this extremely sexualized crap. 2) If I were Miley's parents, there's no way in heck that I'd let her writhe like that on screen at age 17 for all the world to see. Check it out for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment