Tuesday, October 19, 2010

2010 season so far

As I was replying to a post by my friend, The Pop Culture Curmudgeon, I realized that it was, in fact, an entire blog post about my feelings about the new t.v. season. Here you go:

Don’t bother with No Ordinary Family. If you want to see it, stick The Incredibles in the dvd player instead. Much better!

I’m really enjoying Raising Hope. I find it hilarious and oddly sweet at the same time. I feel the same about last year's Cougar Town. I really wish it had a better name, I have friends that refuse to watch it because of that very reason.

My favorite new show of the season is definitely Terriers. It reminds me oddly of my beloved Veronica Mars. I’m cautiously optimistic about a second season since the dvr numbers turned out to increase the viewership by 50%. If not, at least we got a whole season.

I haven’t really gotten into any of the other new shows this season. In addition to Cougar Town, I’m really enjoying the return of many of last season’s shows – The Vampire Diaries, Community, Modern Family and Glee, to name a few – as well as some old friends like Chuck, Supernatural, Bones, and Castle.

I’ve given up on House. Even with the House/Cuddy development, it still wasn’t able to hold my interest.

What I’m most excited about though, is the Oct. 27th return of Friday Night Lights on DirecTV’s 101 Channel. I was amazed at how quickly I came to care about the East Dillon Lions and view the Panthers as the enemy. (And, they better find a way to get my beloved Tim Riggins out of jail before the season is over!)

What new shows are you most enjoying this fall? Any older ones you've given up on?

1 comment:

  1. Just a few short days til FNL! S4 was a nice return to the FNL of season 1, which I became reacquainted with on ABC Family before they pulled it.

    I'm sad for it to end, but I will be interested to see what the writers and cast do next. Kyle Chandler always seems to do good TV shows, and I love Peter Berg as a director and producer.

    ReplyDelete