Thursday, January 20, 2011

easing back in...

I know, I know, it's been at least a month since my last blog entry. Let's just say that between moving, work, the holidays and family stuff, life's been extremely hectic. So, I'm going to ease on back into the swing of things with a short, funny story from my days as a switchboard operator at a hospital.

I was working the overnight shift on the switchboard at Terrebonne General in Houma and had to dispatch security. At 2 a.m., I got a call from the loony ward. One of their patients had escaped and I get this description to provide to the security guards: he's medium height with dark hair, wearing a Harley t-shirt. I asked for further description and finally got a very sheepish, "Well, he's naked from the waist down."

Naked. From the waist down. Wouldn't you mention this first?

Oh, and by the way, when I got off shift at 7 a.m., they still hadn't found him. He was eventually found in the parking lot by an 80-year-old Cajun lady who was arriving to visit her husband in ICU. She called security from the courtesy phone in the lobby with this message, "Cherie, there is a little man in the parking lot asking everyone if they have extra pants. i don't think he's right and Lord knows what he got ain't enough to brag about."

Needless to say, they kept a recording of that conversation for "training purposes."

ROTFLMAO

3 comments:

  1. Hilarious. Only in Houma, baby. I want that old lady to be my new BFF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you know why they didn't mention the no pants thing first off, then.

    ReplyDelete